Saturday, February 9, 2013

Desie and the Sunflowers {Children}

I absolutely love being a mother of a spunky, car loving, playing in the dirt, making crazy faces when he sees my camera little boy. However, I do get the itch to do girly things, play dress up, and just do those things that mothers of daughters do. About 1.5 years ago we got new neighbors, the Martinez's, and our husbands happened to be in the same unit which at that point were on their way to deploy so they were all over the place getting in their trainings and prepping for their upcoming tour to Afghan. Alex and I hit it off right away as she fell in love with my son and I absolutely adore her two daughters. Desie, the youngest, is honestly one of the most gorgeous little girls I have seen. She just has this natural beauty to her and the personality to match. With our families becoming so close,  having her daughters around has helped me fill that void of not having a daughter. I am constantly taking pictures of her girls and if I get the want to do something girly I know Alex wont hesitate and let me steal Jackie or Desie.  Well, that 'itch' came as all the flowers on island started blooming. One of my favorites is the sunflower fields right down the street from base. There are rows and rows of bright yellow flowers that are between 4 and 6 feet tall. I just knew I HAD to take pictures of Desie hanging out in sunflowers. With school, errands and just the every day hustle and bustle it was a bit of a challenge to find the time to kidnap Desie before the fields were going to be chopped down. We finally found the time and I am so glad we did. We spent all of 30 mins in the fields, made a dress out of a maxi skirt of mine for her to wear and the outcome was nothing but great. Even thou the sun decided to hide for the day I was still able to get what I wanted out of the pics and Desie was a trooper in the chilly, Okinawa weather.






Can't wait to do a duel sister shoot with Jackie and Desie. Already planning it in my head :)
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. wow u are such a great photographer . God bless you. but you also have a great model, witch is my niece Desie. (lol)

    I wish i could be in Japan so that u could take some pic of my self, since no ones her seems to know how to take the good side of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! Desie is a great little model :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! These are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete